There are some things to take into consideration before you buy a compact microwave toaster oven combo unit, including how much power it takes which is typically less than any standalone toaster oven or microwave.
The advantage of using a compact microwave toaster oven combo unit is you can utilize microwave-grilling and microwave convection cooking options.
Based on user reviews, we look at microwave toaster ovens as the best solution for a cramped kitchen since it is multi functional and does not take up much space.
To help you make an informed decision, we have selected and reviewed one of the best five compact microwave toaster oven combo models.
So, are there any toaster oven and microwave combos that are worth purchasing in 2023?
Let’s See what we can find out.
- 1 1. Panasonic NB-G110P Compact Countertop microwave Toaster Oven
- 2 2. Emerson 1.2 CU. FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven with Touch Control, Stainless Steel, MWG9115SB
- 3 3. Sharp SMC1585BB 1.5 Cu. Ft. 900W Convection Microwave Oven
- 3.1 Review of a 5-star review user who Purchased this Sharp SMC1585BB 900W Convection Microwave Oven on amazon.com?
- 3.2 Review of a 4-star user review who Purchased this Sharp SMC1585BB 900W Convection Microwave Oven on amazon.com?
- 3.3 Features:
- 3.4 Verdict:
- 3.5 FAQs
- 3.5.1 Q: The heating light of my oven has burned out. Can that be replaced, or is it the end of my oven?
- 3.5.2 Q: Can this Panasonic NB-G110P toaster oven be set to shut off automatically?
- 3.5.3 Q: Is the Emerson microwave oven prone to rust and moisture accumulation?
- 3.5.4 Q: Is the Emerson microwave oven really hot on the outside?
- 3.5.5 Q: Why does the sharp microwave oven have a white plastic cylinder thing on its back?
- 3.5.6 Q: Is this Sharp microwave oven equipped with two metal racks?
1. Panasonic NB-G110P Compact Countertop microwave Toaster Oven
How about trying the Panasonic NB G110 PW model if you’re in the market for a new microwave toaster oven? Here is what I have right now. This is one of the favorite improvements made compared to previous models.
Follow along if you want to know how to use this toaster oven.
I’ll be writing a review of a Panasonic Toaster Oven, which comes in different colors. The silver one seems to be the other. There is also a white version that you can choose from.
Here’s what I have to say about it!
Considering the design and functions of the oven itself, it comes with a little baking tray that is uneven on the outside which is a good idea if you want to reheat frozen foods or fried foods, and it also comes with a manual.
An overview of the results:
This Panasonic NB-G110P Compact microwave Toaster Oven combo has a review of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com.
77% of Amazon buyers rated this product a five-star rating, while 12% rated it a four-star rating.
There is also a 4% 1-star rating and we will discuss along with the article what people are saying about this.
This Panasonic NB-G110P Compact microwave Toaster Oven combo has received positive reviews, so we can infer that people are pleased with it.
Review of a 5-star review user who Purchased this Panasonic NB-G110P Compact Countertop Toaster Oven on amazon.com?
According to one of the reviews, one of the users simply commented that it was My Favourite Toaster Ever!
One of the users has rated this toaster oven 5 stars and she is going to tell us a backstory of how she moved from using an old black and decker toaster oven to this new Panasonic NB-G110P Compact Countertop Toaster Oven.
Backstory: Since purchasing this GIANT black and decker toaster oven, she moved four times with it.
After six years, it has finally died!!! And let’s be honest. she found it to be large and old.
She had no luck finding the toaster oven she liked for Christmas, for her husband wanted to give her one.
In essence, all she wanted was something white, stylish, and big enough to accommodate a full slice of garlic bread (which was quite difficult to find, as it turned out).
As it turns out she didn’t get the toaster oven that she was looking for on Christmas.
Her search turned up nothing.
Her frustration with the old toaster black and toaster oven led her to go on the hunt again, and luckily she found one! So she finally ordered it.
In the meantime, she made some toast with this old black and decker and it came out horrible.
She was disappointed because it had a terrible plastic smell, was much smaller than I expected, couldn’t fit two pieces of toast without burning her hands, and couldn’t lift the door without burning my fingers.
THE HANDLE BECAME HOT! After returning it, she drew up a new budget in order to try again.
That’s when I spotted this Panasonic toaster oven! Opening it allows you to remove the metal grate so you won’t burn your hands! Besides cooking well, it’s incredibly quiet and she loves cooking in it.
She loved this Panasonic toaster oven for quick meals toast and YES for Garlic bread! This thing is a winner!
A few features of this toaster oven:
- You have a glass window here so that you can see what’s happening with your food, there’s also a heater below, and there are two heating elements on top, one of them a light.
- The light serves as a lamp where the infrared heater has all the heat within; meanwhile the other is the lamp reflective material. It seems to heat all the food in the center, though I have no idea what it’s made of
- So when you are looking for a toaster oven, you will be looking for something that is small because it is gonna go on your counter.
- If you don’t have too much counter space and wanted it to be small and to not burn your toast,
- then this toaster oven for you if that’s what you are looking for.
So, if you are looking for a compact microwave toaster oven combo that toasts quickly and evenly and doesn’t require preheating then this toaster oven is your best choice.
2. Emerson 1.2 CU. FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven with Touch Control, Stainless Steel, MWG9115SB
If you are looking for a combo micro/convection oven, that includes a broiler and is under 100$ then stick with this post as I am gonna review Emerson MWG9115SB 1100W Griller Microwave Oven features, pros, and cons, and the user’s opinions for this microwave and convection oven combination.
An oven-style broiler element is located on the top of this microwave oven to allow food to be browned!
It even has a removable METAL rack inside for the broiler function which you can never see in any other microwave oven models.
The grill function is one of its best features. Furthermore, you will enjoy that as it will automatically shut itself off, restart, and reset itself as soon as it overheats.
A lot of people seem to like it. In terms of power and evenness, this Emerson MWG9115SB Microwave Oven seems good. It seems that the microwave/grill combination works quite well.
The grilling elements are above the food, making it look like broiling.
Micro/grill combos are available in two modes. Combination 1 has a micro of 55% and a grill of 45%. Combination 2 is 36% micro and 64% grill. Combo 2 is usually used to get the food a little crisp while still keeping the inside warm.
With this small, but mighty microwave oven, you can cook and defrost food evenly.
For minimalists, college students, campers, tiny houses or apartment dwellers, this microwave oven is perfect.
This is perfect for those who prefer a less cluttered appearance in their home or who do not want to take up too much counter space.
Review of a 5-star review user who Purchased this Emerson MWG9115SB 1100W Griller Microwave Oven on amazon.com?
One of the users who purchased this microwave oven gave this comment as a sharp-looking microwave that can handle any job well.
Even though the user owns many microwaves, the user had never owned one by Emerson, but they are excited about how well it works
During its time, this Emerson MWG9115SB Microwave Oven was described as being superior to the company’s previous microwave toaster oven sold by Sears.
They have given Emerson’s microwave a wide range of tasks, and it has handled them all very well. Having a simple and easy-to-understand back-plate is a big plus for them.
You can cook it in a flash with this Emerson’s microwave oven. This oven performs even better than their previous 1,200-watt oven, even though it’s 1,100 watts.
Due to its smaller size, you can probably give it a task and it will be accomplished.
They haven’t tested the grill yet, since it is located above. Their observation is that the grill can be used on its own or even in conjunction with the microwave oven.
So from what they have seen so far, they like this Emerson MWG9115SB Microwave Oven.
- In addition to browning and cooking food, this microwave defrosts meats as well as reheats them.
- Since it defrosts by the ounce, remember each pound equals 16 ounces. It is noisier than some units, but it is one of the best options in terms of price and power.
- It also comes with a metal rack, so don’t be worried about that. The rack can be topped with a microwave roasting pan for browning your meat or a frozen pizza for the browning function.
- If you want to do a larger pizza of 8 ounces, start with the 14-ounce pizza. Then, do the 8-ounce pizza.
If you are looking for a microwave oven that is easy to defrost and cook your food evenly and also for college students, moms, apartment dwellers who want to cook their food fast and evenly, etc then this Emerson MWG9115SB Microwave Oven is a good fit for you.
3. Sharp SMC1585BB 1.5 Cu. Ft. 900W Convection Microwave Oven
This Sharp SMC1585BB Convection Microwave Oven has been great to use so far because it fits into the cabinet space without any problems.
This oven makes a little bit of noise when compared to a previous model that did not. However, all the features work fine. This oven seems to perform well in microwave mode.
A better alternative to a standard microwave oven because it is more flexible.
There is slight thinness in the metal of the outer shell, which may account for the noise previously mentioned, but it doesn’t appear to have any effect on the performance.
The control setup of this sharp convection microwave oven seems a little improved over the old model.
A Wonderful feature of this Sharp SMC1585BB Convection Microwave Oven is that you can vary power and cook/reheat/boil.
The only downside is the weight; however, the size is perfect for storing large plates and pans, and it cooks faster than any old microwave oven, achieving convection temperatures faster.
Review of a 5-star review user who Purchased this Sharp SMC1585BB 900W Convection Microwave Oven on amazon.com?
We found it easy to rate this Sharp SMC1585BB Convection Microwave Oven 4.5 out of five stars because people generally like it.
One of the users who purchased this sharp microwave oven commented Good replacement in wall microwave oven.
It has been over twenty years since the user-owned another Sharp microwave before the defective one appeared.
It’s part of their wall oven / in-wall installation.
According to them, this replacement Sharp microwave uses the same trim pieces and will fit in the same place.
A bit of an update on an old design, yet it fit them perfectly. As far as functionality is concerned, it is identical to the old microwave that they replaced.
This convection microwave oven is combined with a convection oven. The power rating is the same as before, 900 watts of their old oven.
Their current microwave oven standard is in the range of 1100 – 1200 watts, so 900 watts is less than that.
This is fine for them as long as the food package specifies a longer cooking time than it takes to heat certain microwavable foods.
Review of a 4-star user review who Purchased this Sharp SMC1585BB 900W Convection Microwave Oven on amazon.com?
The last microwave oven they used was the predecessor of this one — 1.5 cu.ft.and 900W.
Larger and more powerful models are what they have preferred. They were very powerful because they were designed to be used on range hoods over cooktops.
Moreover, they only found one other brand with a higher size and power i.e Sharp SMC1585BB Convection Microwave Oven though the price is 50% or higher.
They decided to stay with this sharp convection microwave oven model, even though their last one blew up after 4 years.
In an odd turn of events, they said their new Sharp microwave oven was more powerful than their old one, which rated 900W.
They had to adjust their cooking times down to about 5-10%. They claim that it makes a grinding sound when it is cooking in this sharp microwave oven.
Hopefully, they can make it last as long as possible.
- The microwave oven with 900-watt convection power setting: Rapid heating and fast cooking are made easy with this microwave technology.
- Temperatures and power levels are preset according to the Precision Cook sensor technology (8 menu items);
- With 12 options, including automatic defrosting, reheating, etc.
- The touch panel has an LCD screen with white LEDs, a clock/timer and child locks and a white LED display;
- The ceramic turntable has a removable capacity of 15.4 inches and an overall capacity of 1.5 cu ft.
- The interior of the oven is illuminated with stainless steel.
- With convection technology, you can roast, bake, and brown your food perfectly.
If you are looking for a microwave oven that can achieve temperatures faster when cooking and wants to cook or broil your food evenly with less power then this microwave oven is the best fit for you.
Q: The heating light of my oven has burned out. Can that be replaced, or is it the end of my oven?
A: When I tried to replace the bulb, I used the most expensive one near the rear. That’s not an easy task
When replacing that bulb, there is wiring involved in the control panel. If you want to replace that Near Infrared bulb in the rear of the toaster oven, you have to take the entire thing apart. Having taken the toaster oven apart, I ended up throwing it away. I just bought one for $176 i.e Panasonic NB-G110P toaster oven.
Q: Can this Panasonic NB-G110P toaster oven be set to shut off automatically?
A: After it turns on for the first time, you can either choose the pre-set time or manually set one.
When the selected cooking time is completed, it will shut off. Turning off the master power switch after you have completely finished cooking is important.
An extra layer of safety. In other words, it’s an added safety feature for families with children that are prone to pushing the buttons just because they’re there on the toaster oven. Whenever we have grandkids over, we find that it helps protect against small fingers. Here’s hoping you find this useful. We love this toaster oven.
Q: Is the Emerson microwave oven prone to rust and moisture accumulation?
A: We don’t need moisture or rust, all we have to do is turn the turntable around after warming the food for a few seconds and wipe the turntable dry.
Q: Is the Emerson microwave oven really hot on the outside?
A: You may experience some heat on the exterior when you use the convection or grill features.
Q: Why does the sharp microwave oven have a white plastic cylinder thing on its back?
A: A spacer fits between the unit and a wall to prevent it from being pressed too closely against the wall and obstructing cool airflow.
Q: Is this Sharp microwave oven equipped with two metal racks?
A: Yes & love this sharp microwave oven and it’s great.